Updated! See below!
Marylander’s are ready to stand up and defend their 2nd Amendment rights. The Maryland legislature is already being flooded with calls and emails.
Emails keep flooding in from law-abiding Marylanders all over the state concerned about retaining their 2nd Amendment rights #mdpolitics
— Mike McDermott (@Del_McDermott) January 16, 2013
Please visit this Facebook page for information on a “Guns Across America” rally in Annapolis this Saturday, at Lawyer’s Mall, from 12pm – 2pm.
Hello patriots, brothers & sisters with arms! Please join us in support of the Second Amendment.
“Guns Across America” is a Gun Owners’ Rights Rally sponsored by “Gun Control = More Crime” and the MARYLAND State Capital event will be coordinated by “Marylanders United For Gun Rights.”
Second Amendment supporters in Maryland will join forces for a national “Guns Across America” rally to be held at state capitals across the United States.
Our plans for this event is a peaceful show of support for the Second Amendment and to protest against any and all future gun control legislation that would restrict gun rights. Responsible gun owners are law abiding citizens who want to protect themselves, their families, and property. Restricting their constitutional right to bear arms will not stop gun violence; it will endanger their lives and property.
A family friendly event, the goal of the rally is to display the faces of thousands of law-abiding citizens who value the Constitution of the United States and the safeguards provided by the Second Amendment.
Petitions will be available for attendees to sign, which will be sent to their respective US Senators offices.
WE ASK THAT…
* This is a family-friendly event.
* We are encourage a positive image so the public & any media present sees gun owners in a positive light.
* The permit is for Guns Across America ONLY. Counter-Protestors or other organizers are not permitted in our designated demonstration area. Capital Police will be contacted immediately for any disturbances.
* We encourage that you bring American flags, Gladsen flags or other tasteful, non-offensive PRO-2 A signs however signs on STICKS are forbidden by Capital Police. NO STICKS PLEASE!
* Please do not litter – everyone is responsible for keeping grounds clean. No affixing anything on the property.
* Annapolis & State of MD LAWS-including GUN laws MUST BE FOLLOWED. Violators are responsible for their own actions. Organizers assume no liability.
* The use of electrical outlets on the property is prohibited.
Thanks & let’s preserve our Second Amendment!
Posted by Andrew Langer today on the Facebook event page:
A great program is being put together! Right now, speakers are as follows:
- Charles Lollar
- Daniel Bongino
- Andrew Langer (Institute for Liberty President, Red Maryland Radio and guest host on WBAL’s 1090 at Night)
- Jimmy Braswell (former House of Delegates candidate and host of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy on Red Maryland Radio)
- Ginny Meerman, Raging Elephants and Mrs. Maryland
- Dr. Andy Harris, Congressman from MD’s 1st Congressional District (to be confirmed)
Latest posts by Jackie Wellfonder (see all)
- We Don’t Need No Education - August 20, 2014
- Cong. Andy Harris to Hold Eastern Shore Town Halls - July 31, 2014
- Nanny State Alert: Don’t Buy Beer With Your Kid - July 31, 2014