Please consider sharing this information, and especially contacting the planning commission regarding this issue. I have friends that this will affect and Lord knows, I love their restaurant. A McDonalds? Absolutely no comparison. Support local small businesses! Take a stand, make your voice heard!
The owners of the Thompson Creek Mall have submitted plans to Queen Anne’s County for the construction of a McDonalds where R’s Americantina and the Nails 50 salon are located. For more than six months, Hyatt Commercial of Annapolis has been working on these plans with QAC without telling the owners of the businesses that will be displaced. Only very recently did the owners hear about these plans and contact Hyatt. She was simply told that she will receive a 30-day notice to vacate the premise as per the lease agreement. It is obvious that the Hyatt plan was to not provide any warning that a 30-day notice was on the horizon. This means that the property owner will be forcing two local businesses to close, effectively losing their investment in the business (the physical property and the value of the customer relationships) in favor of a fast food chain restaurant.
The plans are far along in the process and there will be a public hearing scheduled at some point soon. If you do not want another fast food restaurant on Kent Island, now is the time to speak up.
If you are so inclined, here is what you can do:
1. Construct an email to simply say that you do not want another fast food restaurant in the Thompson Creek Mall.
2. Indicate that your opinion should be considered during the public hearing as a comment AGAINST the proposed McDonalds.
3. Sign with your name, address and telephone number.
4. Be brief with your statement as they (hopefully) will be receiving many comments against this proposal.
5. Please send your email to at least the President and VP of the Planning Commission:
(President) Mr. Barry Waterman – email@example.com
(Vice President) Mr. Jim Moran – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Shannon McClellan – email@example.com
Ms. Sheila Tolliver – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Luke Howard – email@example.com
Ms. Cherae Ensor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. John Perkins – email@example.com
Please share this information with your friends and neighbors – anyone who you think may have an opinion about the forced closing of two local businesses. This is our community and the Planning Commission will not know how we feel about this plan unless we tell them.
Latest posts by Jackie Wellfonder (see all)
- Common Core Math Prompts “Shake It Off” Parody - January 14, 2015
- Fighting for Parental Rights Against Common Core - January 13, 2015
- Governor-elect Larry Hogan Is Ready to Celebrate a Ravens Victory! - January 10, 2015