Please see below for a very important message from Del. Neil Parrott and MD Petitions. Take action now! Give, Growl, GO!
THEY’RE TRYING TO SHUT DOWN MARYLAND’S PETITION PROCESS FOR GOOD. You will no longer have any voice in your government.
A bill sponsored by a Mongomery County Delegate will effectively stop our ability to use the petition process in Maryland.
Make no mistake, this is exactly what we’ve been expecting – an attempt by the liberal establishment to deal a death blow to the referendum process that would effectively kill any chance Marylanders have to petition bad laws for a vote from the people.
Act now, or be silenced.
You can help in 3 ways.
- GIVE. An immediate donation of $25, $50, $100, or even $200 is needed to stop this bill NOW, before it gets out of committee. This is our best chance, but we need funds to target Delegates on the fence. Donate here.
- GROWL. Call your Delegate, asking him to oppose HB493. This is URGENT. Please ask your friends and family to flood your Delegate’s office with calls so that the message will get through to the Delegate. (Find your delegate here.)
- GO. Attend the hearing before the House Ways and Means Committee this Thursday, February 21st, at 1:00pm. If you are able to testify, please coordinate with Jim and Gloria Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each one of us needs to act now to make sure that the liberal elitist Annapolis not take shut down your voice and remove your ability to petition laws.
This bill, HB493, is offensively called the “Referendum Integrity Act”. Essentially, this bill puts excessive requirements on anyone who collects signatures, puts unrealistic, bureaucratic requirements on the petition sponsors, and makes it even harder for people to know how to sign the petition “correctly”.
If we stay silent, this bill may pass.
If you care at all about our constitutional right to petition laws to referendum, please give, growl, and go. It is now or never.
Looking forward to working with you in the future.
Delegate Neil C. Parrott
P.S. Please make an immediate donation of $50, $100, $150, or even $200 atmdpetitions.com/donate to help us target key legislators in an effort to stop this bill.
Checks are also accepted, payable to MDPetitions.com and mailed to P.O. Box 32, Funkstown, MD 21732
Authority: MDPetitions.com. Deborah Miller, Treasurer.
MDPetitions.com exists to enable Marylanders to have a say in their government and serves as the leader in Maryland’s petitioning process. MDPetitions.com helped Marylander’s get enough signatures allow Marylanders to vote on the bill that would have given in-state college tuition benefits to illegal aliens, to vote on the same-sex marriage bill, and to vote on Maryland’s Gerrymandered Congressional Redistricting Map.
Delegate Neil C. Parrott, Chairman; Deborah Miller, Treasurer
Latest posts by Jackie Wellfonder (see all)
- No Regrets - November 15, 2014
- Larry Hogan to Campaign in Wicomico and Talbot Counties on Wednesday - October 20, 2014
- Anthony Brown Continues the Left’s False ‘War on Women’ Crusade - September 26, 2014