Please see below for important information from the Wicomico Society of Patriots on the upcoming February 6th hearings in Annapolis. I hope to see many of you there!
Things are heating up in Annapolis with two important hearings occurring on February 6th. The gun hearing will be held before the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee at 1:00pm and Mike McDermotts’ repeal (HB 106) of the septic bill (SB 326) hearing will be held before the Environmental Matters Committee (House of Delegates) at 1:00pm.
If you would like to attend to testify on either of these issues or to protest, then you can drive up yourself or you can sign up to ride on a bus with other patriots.
Bus Option #1: Worcester Tea Party and Stop Agenda 21 are sponsoring a bus to go to Annapolis on Feb. 6th. The bus will leave WOC Park & Ride at 7:30am and Boscov’s in Salisbury at 8:15 am. Call 410 251 3585 or 410 430 7282 to reserve your seat. Also, you can email: www.worcestercountyteaparty.com or stopagenda21maryland.org for more information. Cost is $10.
Bus Option #2: Jamie Wink at Wink’s Gun Shop in Princess Anne is also sponsoring a bus to go to Annapolis. Please call Jamie at 443 783 3993 for more information about this bus trip. Cost is $20.
Additional information about both issues is posted below.
Subject: Feb 6th Gun hearing- please be there!
Feb 6th 1pm
Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee room
Miller Senate Building
11 Bladen Street, Annapolis MD
If you are testifying: Please arrive as early as possible to sign in, the committee will take sign ins until about noon. You will be given 3 minutes to speak.
If you are submitting written testimony you must bring a copy for each of the Senators who sit on the committee (11 copies) and submit them to Committee staff before noon so they can make sure all of the Senators have the materials on their desks.
There are various parking garages in Annapolis, or you can park at the Naval Academy Stadium and ride the Annapolis Shuttle/Trolley to Lawyers Mall- The Senate Building is right across the Street.
Be prepared to spend the whole day here, whether you testify or not, what is important is that we are there in numbers to stand in opposition. We need thousands of gun owners.
George Washington and his army marched barefoot in the snow to make a treacherous nighttime crossing of the Frozen Delaware river to Trenton, NJ to launch a surprise attack on the British encampment which eventually turned the tide of the American Revolution, ensuring the birth of the United States- will you give up a day at work to preserve what they fought to leave us?
Lets fight this fight so vigorously in MD that we make national news in defense of the Second Amendment!
Don H. Dwyer, Jr.
DELEGATE MIKE MCDERMOTT PRESS RELEASE
Contact: Katlyn Schmitt January 24th, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
‘HB-106 – The Repeal of The Sustainable Growth and Agricultural Act of 2012 (SB – 236) – Recieves a Hearing Date’
(ANNAPOLIS) — Today
it was announced that HB-106, entiled ‘Sustainable Growth and
Agricultural Preservation Act of 2012 – Repeal’, will be heard in the Environmental Matters Committee on February 6th, at 1:00 p.m. “Let’s
get as many people as possible to come out to Annapolis to testify in
favor of this bill. We need to show the Environmental Matters Committee
the negative impact this bill has on the people of Maryland and their
property rights” stated Delegate Mike McDermott (R- District 38B) in response to the hearing date.
year, the General Assembly took away decision making authority from our
local governments under SB-236. In the name of ‘preservation’, they
gave us restrictions, and in the name of ‘planning’, they have now
taken control. Currently, many local governments are waiting and
hoping that some relief will come during the 2013 Session, and I am
hoping to do just that with the Repeal of SB- 236” stated Delegate McDermott.
What YOU can do to SUPPORT this bill:
- Come to Annapolis and testify in favor of the bill in Environmental Matters on February 6th.
- You have to sign up on the “Witness Sheet” in the Environmental Matters Committee room by 12:00pm. This Committee is located in Room 251 of the Lowe House Office Building.
- If you cannot make the hearing, or you would like to voice your opinion in writing, you can also submit “written testimony”
- in favor of the bill to the Environmental Matters Committee. You can
- submit the written testimony by either emailing Delegate Maggie
- McIntosh, the Chair of the Committee, at email@example.com. You can also mail your letter to the committee at:
- Delegate Maggie McIntosh, Chair
- Environmental Matters Committee, Rm 251
- Lowe House Office Building
- 6 Bladen St., Annapolis 21401
- As the title or subject of your written testimony, you should include the words
- “Written Testimony in Support of HB – 106.”
- Contact the Delegates of the Environmental Matters Committee by mail, phone, and/or e-mail.
Latest posts by Jackie Wellfonder (see all)
- Maryland, Take Heed from Rhode Island - July 25, 2014
- Sun Op-Ed Paints Dishonest Picture of Annapolis Anti-Amnesty Protest - July 23, 2014
- Complacency Kills. Fight It. - July 20, 2014